Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

7210 Controller Basic Configuration

This thread has been viewed 23 times
  • 1.  7210 Controller Basic Configuration

Posted Sep 22, 2016 04:07 PM

Hi, 

I was using Aruba 6300 controller for few years, but was only for operation. Just been assigened to configure a new Aruba 7210 controller with OS 6.4.3.4. I wonder if someone can direct me how to get is configured. Here is requirements. 

Controller (Vlan46/50, 99(Guest)) =>Switch => (Vlan50)Firewall => Internet

||

AP (Vlan46)

I have ran the configure wizards, input license, different gatway, I can ping the firewall IP from controller, but can't ping 8.8.8.8 from the controller. 

Can someone help?

• 2.  RE: 7210 Controller Basic Configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 22, 2016 04:09 PM

You should open a TAC case in parallel, because there are many variables in this configuration;  some of the variables are the controller configuration and other variables are the network connection/routing/switching configuration.  It is even possible that the firewall configuration is stopping things from working.  All of those variables make it very painful to resolve problems like yours on this forum.  

If you are willing to take the time and work through things here, we can provide some answers, but you will also have to answer our detailed questions so that we can help....

• 3.  RE: 7210 Controller Basic Configuration

Posted Sep 22, 2016 04:34 PM

1, All APs are on vlan 46, acces mode to switch

2, controller port 0/0/1 configured trunk with vlan 46, 50, 99 to switch

3, all guests get on vlan 99

4, controller use vlan 50 to reach firewall

5, firewall IP set as default gateway on the controller

6, controller uplink enabled and pick up vlan 50 IP as source IP. status show as *active* on gui

7, SSH to the controller, can ping firewall IP, but can't ping 8.8.8.8

8, guest are able to connect to WLAN, able to ping the controller, but not able to ping 8.8.8.8 or nslookup

• 4.  RE: 7210 Controller Basic Configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 22, 2016 05:01 PM

What is the default gateway of VLAN 99?

• 5.  RE: 7210 Controller Basic Configuration

Posted Sep 22, 2016 05:06 PM

The controller is running dhcp for vlan 99. IP .1 is the controller, also is default gateway for 99

• 6.  RE: 7210 Controller Basic Configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 22, 2016 05:11 PM

Okay if the subnet for your guest VLAN is NOT routable (aka, your firewall does not know anything about it), you need to NAT the guest traffic at the controller:

config t

interface vlan 99

ip nat inside

You do not need to trunk VLAN 99 to your switch from the controller.

• 7.  RE: 7210 Controller Basic Configuration

Posted Nov 17, 2016 01:22 PM

Thanks so much for everyone's help. I did open a ticket and finially found this is native vlan on uplink connection.

According to the information, Controller Uplink has to be access port or  switch/controller native vlan has to be the controller IP vlan on trunk mode.