Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor I

8.3.0.1 Captive Portal Authentication Profile - Default Role not working

We have a Standalone Controller with 8.3.0.1 running internal captive portal.

Everthing works fine, but the autheticated user is stuck in role "guest" not in the role which is set in the captive portal authentication profile. 

Internal database shows the users, which are set via the guest provisioning site as role guest, so we configured an internal server group for the cative portal without role derivation rule. But the users still get the guest role instead of the configured roel in captive portal authentication profile.

Guru Elite

Re: 8.3.0.1 Captive Portal Authentication Profile - Default Role not working

Can you please show us the role configuration in the Captive Portal Authentication profile?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Frequent Contributor I

image.png

Guru Elite

It doesn't look like the Captive Portal Authentication profile has a server group defined.  That means it is using the default server group, which has a server derivation rule defined.  If you have not already, define your server group in the Captive Portal authentication profile.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Frequent Contributor I

Server Group was set via GUI and also shown in gui, but not in cli. I will now set it via CLI and will have a test.

€: now i see the correct role. Had to do this setting on the CLI. Setting it via Gui dows not work

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: