Wireless Access

dfc
Occasional Contributor II

802.11N Config Requirements

Is there any single document that lists all CLI cmds required or associated with 802.11N? I see alot of information about the 

protocol & capabilities, but nothing purely from the perspective of configuration.

Guru Elite

Re: 802.11N Config Requirements

[ Edited ]

dfc wrote:

Is there any single document that lists all CLI cmds required or associated with 802.11N? I see alot of information about the 

protocol & capabilities, but nothing purely from the perspective of configuration.

This may seem overly simplistic, but when you run the LAN/WLAN wizard, it asks you what bands do you want your WLAN to support.  If you choose anything with an "N" in it, it will configure it for you.  That is from the configuration perspective.

In terms of troubleshooting or monitoring, all of the existing commands work the same for 802.11n and non-802.11n, except they have added "N" output for N clients.  Is there is something specific that you are looking for?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

dfc
Occasional Contributor II

Maybe I should go back & do the wizard again?

I need to write a development doc & that would include a section on 802.11n. 

This way everyone can know what is required or applies to 802.11n

Guru Elite

If you will, please try the 802.11n VRD here:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/technology/VRD_80211n_networks_v8.pdf

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: