Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

802.11N HT Mode not properly shown after 6.1.2.3 upgrade

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  802.11N HT Mode not properly shown after 6.1.2.3 upgrade

Posted Dec 09, 2011 09:45 AM

is there some known issue that after upgrading to 6.1.2.3 clients dont show up as HT mode using in the clients-overview?

customer has the default "HT profile" with activated HT , he has 2 VAP's , both VAP's / SSID Profiles point to the same HT default profile. if connecting one 802.11N client to the first VAP it says it's connected in "non HT mode" , if changing this client to connect to the VAP then HT is shown.

customer didnt have this issue in earlier 6.1.x versions.. any known issue ?

the only difference is that the one VAP is using radius authentication and the other one plain guest access.

again the 2 VAP's ssid's profile are using the same HT profile . funny ?

regards

• 2.  RE: 802.11N HT Mode not properly shown after 6.1.2.3 upgrade

Posted Dec 09, 2011 09:58 AM

the RF profiles in 802.11A and 802.11G also have "HT" mode enabled, i dont see the reason why the one SSID doenst work with HT mode enabled and the other one's working with HTmode .

• 3.  RE: 802.11N HT Mode not properly shown after 6.1.2.3 upgrade

Posted Dec 09, 2011 10:04 AM

What is the encryption type of the RADIUS authented SSID?  If it is TKIP, you will have to have the "allow legacy stations" setting checked in the HT SSID profile.  I don't remember is that was always the case, though.  What version did you upgrade from?  11N should only allow AES and open as the encryption types, so that would explain why it would only work on the open SSID.

• 4.  RE: 802.11N HT Mode not properly shown after 6.1.2.3 upgrade

Posted Dec 09, 2011 10:08 AM

Sounds good, let's check the settings.

@cjoseph : i received some notification that you answered but i dont see any post in here from you , where's your post gone? ;-)

• 5.  RE: 802.11N HT Mode not properly shown after 6.1.2.3 upgrade

Posted Dec 09, 2011 10:09 AM

i see that legacy_stations are allowed in the config. have to confirm the radius settings.

regards