Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

802.11r/v/k wireless networking and Inter-action with ARM features?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  802.11r/v/k wireless networking and Inter-action with ARM features?

Posted Oct 24, 2014 08:14 AM

I am currently doing some research into which wifi clients support and operate within an 802.11r/v/k wireless network which i also understand ArubaOS supports.  Aprt from the guides Is there any information available for best practice you can share with me please.

I have also noticed that there are specific profiles for both ARM (ClientMatch and Load Balancing features) and also 802.11r/v/k functions.

Do these features operate independently or alongside of one another?

Many thanks

Graham Dayer

Pervasive Networks

UK

• 2.  RE: 802.11r/v/k wireless networking and Inter-action with ARM features?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 24, 2014 08:17 AM
    There's no specific source for client compatibility unfortunately.

Most have found that it can't be turned up on production shared SSIDs due to client compatibility.

• 3.  RE: 802.11r/v/k wireless networking and Inter-action with ARM features?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 25, 2014 12:37 PM

Hi Graham,

Tim's right. I was working with a client a few months back and we enabled these features, just to see what happened. All of the newer devices worked without issue. But, they had a lot of older Dell laptops with b/g/a cards, and those laptops straight up stopped authenticating.

Basically, if you control the enterprise and you know the devices are newer, then it may work. Those features should be enabled with caution.

-Mike

• 4.  RE: 802.11r/v/k wireless networking and Inter-action with ARM features?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 25, 2014 03:01 PM

In particular you may find issues with .11k and the intel 7260ac devices.  That will inevitably be fixed with a new driver, but not sure if intel have done that yet.

• 5.  RE: 802.11r/v/k wireless networking and Inter-action with ARM features?

Posted Oct 29, 2014 06:05 AM

Guys, many thnaks foir your feedback here.  It is pretty much as i thought so no surprises really.

Kind regards

Graham Dayer

Pervasive Networks - UK.