Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

802.11r/v/k wireless networking and Inter-action with ARM features?

I am currently doing some research into which wifi clients support and operate within an 802.11r/v/k wireless network which i also understand ArubaOS supports.  Aprt from the guides Is there any information available for best practice you can share with me please.

I have also noticed that there are specific profiles for both ARM (ClientMatch and Load Balancing features) and also 802.11r/v/k functions.

Do these features operate independently or alongside of one another?

Many thanks

Graham Dayer

Pervasive Networks

UK

Guru Elite

Re: 802.11r/v/k wireless networking and Inter-action with ARM features?

There's no specific source for client compatibility unfortunately.

Most have found that it can't be turned up on production shared SSIDs due to client compatibility.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480

Hi Graham,

Tim's right. I was working with a client a few months back and we enabled these features, just to see what happened. All of the newer devices worked without issue. But, they had a lot of older Dell laptops with b/g/a cards, and those laptops straight up stopped authenticating.

Basically, if you control the enterprise and you know the devices are newer, then it may work. Those features should be enabled with caution.

-Mike

In particular you may find issues with .11k and the intel 7260ac devices.  That will inevitably be fixed with a new driver, but not sure if intel have done that yet.

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACCX #817, ACMP, ACMX #294
Occasional Contributor II

Guys, many thnaks foir your feedback here.  It is pretty much as i thought so no surprises really.

Kind regards

Graham Dayer

Pervasive Networks - UK.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: