Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AMP 7.7 and existing switches

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AMP 7.7 and existing switches

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 07, 2013 02:01 PM

In previous versions of AMP, the primary switch was labeled correctly and all of the linecard switches were named either Aruba:<MAC> or sysinfo-#.

New switches that get added to 7.7 are pulled in correctly (StackName-Member#). How can we update existing switches in an automated fashion without re-adding them all to AMP?

corvina-amp-76x.png

corvina-amp-77x.png

• 2.  RE: AMP 7.7 and existing switches

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 07, 2013 05:48 PM

Try this on a single switch first.

Go to the Master switch of the stack

Drill down to one of the linecard switches

Go to the manage page of that member switch

Import settings

If that performs the update properly as I'd expect, then you repeat the steps on the other switches in the stack or use the bulk method:

Go to the folder that has the switches (if you list all devices, then filter by type)

Click the modify devices wrench above the list view

Check the switches that need updating

Import settings

• 3.  RE: AMP 7.7 and existing switches

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 07, 2013 06:51 PM

I only have the Import Settings option on the primary switch. The members have a very basic display.

member-switch.amp.PNG

• 4.  RE: AMP 7.7 and existing switches

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 08, 2013 02:45 PM

You actually only need to run import settings from the Primary Switch (and you're right, the import settings button was removed from the member switches since AirWave only contacts the Primary).  I tested and validated this by changing the names of the switches, and then ran import settings from the primary.