Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AMP 8.0.3 visualrf issues

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AMP 8.0.3 visualrf issues

Posted Aug 21, 2014 08:44 AM

after upgrading to this latest version of AMP, visualrf seems to be running extremely slow. IT can take anywhere from 30 seconds to 20 minutes for me to load a page. Other times I will receieve different messages such as "Undefined". I was not experiencing any issues with visualrf prior to this upgrade. Anyone else having issues here?

• 2.  RE: AMP 8.0.3 visualrf issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 21, 2014 10:04 AM

FYI - there is an expected patch 8.0.3.1 coming this week.  However, I am unsure if it relates to your issue.  Can you open a case for tracking and verification?

• 3.  RE: AMP 8.0.3 visualrf issues

Posted Aug 21, 2014 10:46 AM

8.0 code has much higher RAM requirements than 7.7.x. Please consult the sizing guide and make sure you have enough memory to run Visual RF for the amount of devices being managed and the # of floor plans you have. 

Also, HTML5 mode for Vis RF seems to take up much more CPU/RAM so resources are going to be important. 

I converted from 7.7.10 to 8.0.1 and things got really sluggish. I only had 16GB RAM for 1500 devices under management and had to increase to 32GB RAM to get performance back. Suggested RAM for that many devices however is 48GB which is quite a jump!

• 4.  RE: AMP 8.0.3 visualrf issues

Posted Aug 21, 2014 01:21 PM

I did try to increase the ram as it previously had only 8gb so I doubled the ram to 16gb. We have much less AP's (about 600) to deal with. Unfortunately this did no improve visualrf much if at all. In fact I tried to turn on heat mapping, just to be stuck at a load screen for about 15 minutes. I was running visualrf fine up until this update unfortunately, so I hope the next update will resolve this issue at leats a little bit.

• 5.  RE: AMP 8.0.3 visualrf issues

Posted Aug 21, 2014 01:59 PM

Try disabling the HTML5 based UI by going to VisRF > Setup and check No for "Enable HTML5 based UI". It will take a couple of minutes to revert and then see if this clears up the issue. 

I had to do this when I was running too little RAM and it performed better but not perfect. 

• 6.  RE: AMP 8.0.3 visualrf issues

Posted Aug 22, 2014 08:48 AM

That did not seem to help much if at all sadly. After I disabled HTML5 UI, I rebooted the AMP VM to set changes but this only seemed to stay at the same slow pace. Thank you for the suggestions though, they are greatly appreciated. I am not worrying to badly about VisualRF not working to its best performance really, but I am more or less just aggravated with how it has taken me 2 work days  to add a 7 floor building, add AP's, and draw walls on only about 5 floors.

• 7.  RE: AMP 8.0.3 visualrf issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 22, 2014 08:49 AM
    There will be a patch early next week to address these issues

Sent from my iPhone