Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AOS-6.3.1.1 - PowerChange and NoiseFloor change after upgrade

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AOS-6.3.1.1 - PowerChange and NoiseFloor change after upgrade

Posted Dec 13, 2013 03:03 AM

Hello,

We upgraded Aruba-controller from AOS 6.1.3.2 to 6.3.1.1 (even hardware - from A6000 to 7220) at October 25.

Directly after upgrade I noticed that values in Dashboard (NoiseFloor) was changed for many radios (see picture "NoiseFloor").

This was not an issue with 6.1.3.2.

When I looked in AirWave there was even more changes especially on PowerChange. In my example there is accesspoint WAP201 that changed both power and noise floor. Both 2.4 and 5GHz band is affected. I hav et least 100 APs with same issue.

Can someone from Aruba explain this?

• 2.  RE: AOS-6.3.1.1 - PowerChange and NoiseFloor change after upgrade

Posted Dec 13, 2013 07:27 AM

You have to take in consideration that after you upgrade all the APs rebooted and ARM algorithm has to be run again across the board and it will take a little bit of time to get stable completely , specially if you have devices connected at all time and you have ARM Client-Aware on.

• 3.  RE: AOS-6.3.1.1 - PowerChange and NoiseFloor change after upgrade

Posted Dec 13, 2013 07:50 AM

Hi,

Sounds good, I really hopes that this is something which disappears after a while.

I have Client Aware on so it's possible that there is a clients that are always connected (most of this APs is in school environment)

I'll be back in a January next year with more information about this. 6-8 weeks should be enough (in my opinion) for ARM to get it right and see it even in Dashboard.

Thanks!