Wireless Access

AOS 8.0 Licensing Help - Clarification / Example

I'm working on trying to understand the licensing model within AOS 8.x and I'm having a hard time understanding how to license the MM and VMC, and what devices support PEF-V? If I have a scenario like this, what is the licensing I would need:

(1) MM

(2) VMC

(300) APs

How many MM licenses and VMC licenses would I require in this example and why?

For PEF-V licenses, are they available on the standard VMC's or only on the hardware platforms + VMC-Tactical? I understand to license PEF-V it is a single license for the single controller, so if I have 2 controllers for redundant access, do I need to purchase PEF-V for both?

Thanks.

Thank you.

Michael Haring | AIS Consultant
Architecture and Implementation Solutions
Optiv Security Inc. | www.optiv.com

Re: AOS 8.0 Licensing Help - Clarification / Example

You will need a 500 MM license to cover all those devices (that's not considering growth of course)

All the licenses AP , PEF , RFProtect , WEB-CC and VMC will be installed on the MM except for controller local licenses like PEF-V , if you need license redundancy
Between two controllers for PEF-V you will need to purchase 2 since those are not shared with centralized licensing
Get Outlook for iOS
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA

That's great info, thanks. So how many VMC licenses do I need then assuming I'm going to have (2) VMC's and (300) APs total in the environment.

Also, do you know if PEF-V is supported on the standard VMC or just hardware / VMC-Tact?

Thank you.

Michael Haring | AIS Consultant
Architecture and Implementation Solutions
Optiv Security Inc. | www.optiv.com

You can use BOM example :2017-03-30 15_53_37-HPE_Aruba_SE_AOS_8.0.1_Terminology_and_License_Guide_v1.pdf.png

Also, do you know if PEF-V is supported on the standard VMC ?

Yes
2017-03-30 15_42_30-HPE_Aruba_SE_AOS_8.0.1_Terminology_and_License_Guide_v1.pdf.png
More information here:
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: