Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AOS 8.X and Airwave couldn't get channel utilization

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  AOS 8.X and Airwave couldn't get channel utilization

Posted Sep 09, 2018 10:10 PM

We're migrating all Aruba Controllers from 6.4.4.16 to 8.3.0.0, and we find that we couldn't get the data of radio channel utilization anymore in the Airwave (8.2.6.1 or 8.2.7).  And there is another problem, we couldn't rename controllers like before in the Airwave. The Airwave couldn't get the name through SNMP or AMON correctly neither. Is this a bug?

• 2.  RE: AOS 8.X and Airwave couldn't get channel utilization

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 09, 2018 10:28 PM

Have you enabled AMON?  That is how Airwave receives the feed for Channel Utilization.

• 3.  RE: AOS 8.X and Airwave couldn't get channel utilization

Posted Sep 10, 2018 12:54 AM

Yes, I enabled AMON and double checked that several times. When the AOS is 6.X, everything is fine. So I was wondering if the Airwave doesn't support AOS 8.X very well.

• 4.  RE: AOS 8.X and Airwave couldn't get channel utilization

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 10, 2018 06:09 AM

What version of AOS 8?  It should all be supported and it should be working.

You should SSH directly into the controller and run the following command:

show mgmt-server message-counters process stm

If nothing is being sent the problem is on the controller side and you should check your AMON settings.  If traffic is being sent, you might want to ensure that Airwave is configured for AMON data collection.  If both of those are configured correctly, you might want to open a technical support case to see what could be wrong:

https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/

• 5.  RE: AOS 8.X and Airwave couldn't get channel utilization

Posted Sep 10, 2018 09:33 PM
    I've noticed the same thing as well, but only after upgrading from 8.2.6.1 to 8.2.7 did we see the channel utilization problem for ArubaOS 8.2.1.1 in Airwave. Also performing commands like "show user mac from Airwave" don't appear to execute correctly. Working on getting in touch with TAC but haven't had the time for Airwave due to beginning of the school year.

• 6.  RE: AOS 8.X and Airwave couldn't get channel utilization

Posted Sep 10, 2018 09:54 PM

AMON works fine both in controllers and Airwave. Because we did upgrade our controllers from AOS 6.4.4.16 to 8.X, so we went through many versions like 8.2.0.0, 8.2.0.1,8.2.1, 8.3.0.0. All these versions have the some issue about radio channel utilization in Airwave. And I have used different version of Airwave too, 8.2.6, 8.2.6.1,8.2.7.  It seems that no version could fix this problem in our company.  I will open a case for this issue today. Thank you.