Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

AOS 8 bug?

Hi there!

Now I configure a new Aruba wifi network (2 MM in cluster + 2 MC in cluster) and I'm having a strange experience. The AP shown in the picture has been turned off two days before, however, the Mobility Master tells that it's currently up and operating.

If I enter to the controller to check this, it's shown the AP is currently down, so the MM shows incorrect information since 2 days.

What could be the reason of this behaviour?

mm_aps.PNGMM

mc_aps.PNGMC

Aruba Employee

Re: AOS 8 bug?

What version of AOS8 are you running?

Charlie Clemmer
Aruba Customer Engineering

MM: 8.2.0.0-61883

MC: 8.3.0.0-56553

I am on 8.3 and I'm experiencing the same issue. If I manually do an APMOVE command in the CLI, it seems to "jumpstart" things and show correct information for an AP that is UP... but when they are down, I've just played the waiting game.

iann

Aruba Employee

@SkiP wrote:

MM: 8.2.0.0-61883

MC: 8.3.0.0-56553

It is recommended that the Mobility Master is on later versions than that on the managed devices. In this case, the MD is running later firmware. The setup you have is supported, with some limitations.

There was an issue that got resolved with 8.3.0.0 that showed the opposite problem ... the MM would report an AP as down when the MC showed the AP correctly as up. 

Charlie Clemmer
Aruba Customer Engineering

It is recommended that you have the MM with AOS higher version than the MCs , it can cause issues like this.

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Architect @WEI
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA

Today I updated MMs to 8.3.0.0, and that issue is gone.

Thanks!

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: