Wireless Access

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AOS8 Master Controller Mode openflow-profile alert

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  AOS8 Master Controller Mode openflow-profile alert

Posted Jun 20, 2017 06:03 AM

Hi,

I'm setting up wireless at a customer. I have chosen to use AOS8 on 2 7205 controllers without a MM in Master - Redundant Master mode. When budget allows they might invest in a MM but the budget is set pre AOS8.

I see the following alert on both controllers: "openflow-profile is not supported in Master Controller Mode"

I get the same error when I try to delete/disable the openflow-profile. Is there any way to get rid of this alert? ArubaOS 8.1.0.1

txs, Erik

• 2.  RE: AOS8 Master Controller Mode openflow-profile alert

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 20, 2017 10:57 AM

You are seeing this in the alerts on the GUI?

• 3.  RE: AOS8 Master Controller Mode openflow-profile alert

Posted Jun 20, 2017 02:05 PM

Yes, it comes up as an alert in the upper message section of the GUI. I tried removing the profile from the CLI but that gave the same error.

I stopped configuring AOS8 and went back to 6.5 at this customer because I ran into too much unknowns and not enough time to figure them out. More labtime needed here. 

txs, Erik

• 4.  RE: AOS8 Master Controller Mode openflow-profile alert

Posted Nov 24, 2018 05:16 AM
      |   view attached

As per AOS8  "Enable the OpenFlow controller on the MM, and the OpenFlow Profile in managed nodes"

MM> Configuration > System >profile > Controller profile > OpenFlow-controller