Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-105 boot failed - requesting for OS image

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  AP-105 boot failed - requesting for OS image

Posted Sep 17, 2013 05:28 AM

Hi all,

it's my first post here, so first of all, I would like to thank you all for your big effort.

I have a problem with an AP-105, ok I'm not supposed to do that, but since I need urgently an IAP-105, I tried to put the InstantOS in a AP-105.

so 

dhcp

set serverip 172.16.53.64

upgrade os ArubaInstant_Orion_6.2.0.0-3.2.0.4_38110

and reboot.

Everything was fine, except that the AP boot up but it doesn't start the web interface, can't access in serial, and neither it connects to master IAP in the same network: it's basically bricked.

It always prompts this message after launching the CLI:

(09:26:41) !!! Init ---> Slave
    turn off mobility

Can I do something? Or can I have an AP-105 image in order to flash again?

kindest regards,

Luca

• 2.  RE: AP-105 boot failed - requesting for OS image

Posted Sep 17, 2013 10:08 AM

Luca, you cannot put InstantOS on an non-Instant AP model.    You can convert an IAP to an AP (and then back again), but an AP-105 cannot "become" an IAP-105 by putting the image on there.

• 3.  RE: AP-105 boot failed - requesting for OS image

Posted Sep 17, 2013 10:28 AM

I can have access to the initial console, stopping the autoboot, but even a factory reset doesn't solve the issue, since I flashed the whole Instant OS image.

After the boot, it prompts me for user and password, but admin/admin don't work; at least I think that if I can have access there, I can convert the Ap to a campus AP in order to reflash it with the proper image stored on my local controller.

• 4.  RE: AP-105 boot failed - requesting for OS image

Posted Sep 17, 2013 11:22 AM

I believe you can do a hard-reset of APs, there is a small button (hole) on the backside of the AP, between the 2 screws, you need to find something small enough to push it

• 5.  RE: AP-105 boot failed - requesting for OS image

Posted Sep 17, 2013 11:28 AM

Sure I can, the problem is not resetting the AP configuration, because even resetting it, the OS image remians the Instant one.

What I need is the AP-105 OS image file in order to flash it, I can't find it neither in the download section..

• 6.  RE: AP-105 boot failed - requesting for OS image
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 17, 2013 12:25 PM

Ok autosolved! :D

in ROMMON,

upgrade os [masteripadress]:mips32.ari

it has been reflashed with the proper OS

Thank you anyway for your interesting in, hope this helps someone other!