Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP 105 not connecting to controller over MPLS using split tunnel mode.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP 105 not connecting to controller over MPLS using split tunnel mode.

Posted Oct 12, 2013 01:51 PM

Hi,

I am using AP 105 for my branch office to controller connectivity. Branch office & controller connect over MPLS network.

I am using split tunnel mode to connect my branch office & AP in RAP. i have write acl to divert local traffic locally & rest of the traffic should pass over MPLS. In acl  1) wired lan subnet with source nat. 2) internet traffic & dns should go through tunnel.

But if i reconnect AP its not synchronise with controller(status down). So i try to connect using tunnel mode & its working fine.

Shall i put acl for split tunnel to communicate with controller?

Thanks in advance..

• 2.  RE: AP 105 not connecting to controller over MPLS using split tunnel mode.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 12, 2013 01:56 PM

@nikhil wrote:

Hi,

I am using AP 105 for my branch office to controller connectivity. Branch office & controller connect over MPLS network.

I am using split tunnel to connect my branch office. i have write acl to divert local traffic locally & rest of the traffic should pass over MPLS. In acl  1) wired lan subnet with source nat. 2) internet traffic & dns should go through tunnel.

But if i reconnect AP its not synchronise with controller(status down). So i try to connect using tunnel mode & its working fine.

Shall i put acl for split tunnel to communicate with controller?

Thanks in advance..

If you are using split tunnel, you need to provision that access point as a cert-based remote AP.  Split-tunnel does not work with Campus APs.

• 3.  RE: AP 105 not connecting to controller over MPLS using split tunnel mode.

Posted Oct 12, 2013 01:58 PM

Thanks Joseph for your suggestion.

AP in RAP mode while using split tunneling. i hv edited my post..

• 4.  RE: AP 105 not connecting to controller over MPLS using split tunnel mode.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 12, 2013 02:10 PM
    What is your ACL?

• 5.  RE: AP 105 not connecting to controller over MPLS using split tunnel mode.

Posted Oct 12, 2013 02:16 PM

i hv done it by ATAC...

Split-tunnel ACL to SRC-NAT printer traffic locally and send all other traffic to the controller via tunnel.

Plz suggest me wht should i put in acl as per my connectivity and requirement.

• 6.  RE: AP 105 not connecting to controller over MPLS using split tunnel mode.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 12, 2013 02:18 PM

@nikhil wrote:

i hv done it by ATAC...

Split-tunnel ACL to SRC-NAT printer traffic locally and send all other traffic to the controller via tunnel.

Plz suggest me wht should i put in acl as per my connectivity and requirement.

Truthfully, if you are in your own private network (MPLS), you should just use bridged mode.  Don't bother with split tunnel.

• 7.  RE: AP 105 not connecting to controller over MPLS using split tunnel mode.

Posted Oct 12, 2013 02:25 PM

i will try for bridge mode. But my local traffic will pass locally? or via controller. There is router at my branch location.

• 8.  RE: AP 105 not connecting to controller over MPLS using split tunnel mode.
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 12, 2013 02:28 PM

If it is a branch location and you use bridge mode, the traffic will use the same rules as all of the other traffic at that site, which is more efficient than tunneling it back or trying to split the traffic out.  Try bridge mode, and you will just be overlaying the traffic onto your existing network.