Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor II

AP 105 not connecting to controller over MPLS using split tunnel mode.

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am using AP 105 for my branch office to controller connectivity. Branch office & controller connect over MPLS network.

I am using split tunnel mode to connect my branch office & AP in RAP. i have write acl to divert local traffic locally & rest of the traffic should pass over MPLS. In acl  1) wired lan subnet with source nat. 2) internet traffic & dns should go through tunnel.

But if i reconnect AP its not synchronise with controller(status down). So i try to connect using tunnel mode & its working fine.

Shall i put acl for split tunnel to communicate with controller?

Thanks in advance..

Guru Elite

Re: AP 105 not connecting to controller over MPLS using split tunnel mode.

nikhil wrote:

Hi,

I am using AP 105 for my branch office to controller connectivity. Branch office & controller connect over MPLS network.

I am using split tunnel to connect my branch office. i have write acl to divert local traffic locally & rest of the traffic should pass over MPLS. In acl  1) wired lan subnet with source nat. 2) internet traffic & dns should go through tunnel.

But if i reconnect AP its not synchronise with controller(status down). So i try to connect using tunnel mode & its working fine.

Shall i put acl for split tunnel to communicate with controller?

Thanks in advance..

If you are using split tunnel, you need to provision that access point as a cert-based remote AP.  Split-tunnel does not work with Campus APs.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor II

Thanks Joseph for your suggestion.

AP in RAP mode while using split tunneling. i hv edited my post..

Guru Elite

What is your ACL?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor II

i hv done it by ATAC...

Split-tunnel ACL to SRC-NAT printer traffic locally and send all other traffic to the controller via tunnel.

Plz suggest me wht should i put in acl as per my connectivity and requirement.

Guru Elite

nikhil wrote:

i hv done it by ATAC...

Split-tunnel ACL to SRC-NAT printer traffic locally and send all other traffic to the controller via tunnel.

Plz suggest me wht should i put in acl as per my connectivity and requirement.

Truthfully, if you are in your own private network (MPLS), you should just use bridged mode.  Don't bother with split tunnel.

Colin Joseph

Frequent Contributor II

i will try for bridge mode. But my local traffic will pass locally? or via controller. There is router at my branch location.

Guru Elite

If it is a branch location and you use bridge mode, the traffic will use the same rules as all of the other traffic at that site, which is more efficient than tunneling it back or trying to split the traffic out.  Try bridge mode, and you will just be overlaying the traffic onto your existing network.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: