Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

AP-105 powering up but not acquiring the IP Address - Laptop gets the IP on same port/cable

Hi,
We use 100s of Aruba AP-105. We have recently installed one AP to our building where CAT5e ethernet cable comes from the switch in different floor via the external wall. Its a external grade ethernet cable. The switch is Procurve 2620 PoE. The distance from the switch to the AP is about 40-50 metres.

AP Led status:

PWR - Green
ENET - Red
11 A/N - not lit
11 B/G/N - not lit

Laptop gets IP if I unplug the AP and plug the Laptop, however AP is not getting the IP at all. I have tried three different AP-105, all has exact same problem. If I plug these AP direct to the same switch on any ports then it gets IP.

I have also tried with the PoE Injector, but still it does not get the IP.

Is it the cable issue ?

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

Guru Elite

Re: AP-105 powering up but not acquiring the IP Address - Laptop gets the IP on same port/cable

It does sound like a cabling issue.  There isn't even a "RED" LED indicator in the table here:  https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=8855

Screenshot 2018-02-08 at 08.31.41.png

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Occasional Contributor II

Re: AP-105 powering up but not acquiring the IP Address - Laptop gets the IP on same port/cable

Hi Colin,

its Amber led (typo)

Out of curiosity, If it is a cabling issue then why any Laptops/Surface has no problem getting the IP.

thank you

Guru Elite

poe/data requires 4 pairs.  data only requires 2 pairs.  test the cable.

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Frequent Contributor I

I would agree with the cable. We have had the same problem. The port on the gigabit switch as set to auto but the AP was only connecting at 100 meg (hence the amber lit). It turned out to be a bad pair. 

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: