Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP 105's wont broadcast Wifi

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP 105's wont broadcast Wifi

Posted May 10, 2013 05:32 PM

We purchased 2 AP105's and configured them with our 3200 controller. 1 of them works great. the other 2 are configured and talking to the controller but they are not broadcasting a wifi signal. Even placing the radio next to laptop or phone there is no signal. All the lights look normal on the radios. We have tried wiping the configs and starting over but get the same results. We have replaced the poe's as well. At this point i'm not sure what is going on. Has anyone run into this behavior before?

• 2.  RE: AP 105's wont broadcast Wifi

Posted May 10, 2013 05:38 PM

Do a show ap bssid based on that AP and share it?

Are you using the same AP group for both APs?

Do you see any flags when you do a show ap database | include <apname> ? Do you see the AP in the show ap active ?

Also do a show ap license-usage and see if you have enough licenses

• 3.  RE: AP 105's wont broadcast Wifi

Posted May 10, 2013 05:57 PM

All 3 were placed into the same AP group. They all show the M flag.

• 4.  RE: AP 105's wont broadcast Wifi

Posted May 10, 2013 06:04 PM
    Do you have a mesh setup ?

The "M" flag comes up when you have a mesh configuration

• 5.  RE: AP 105's wont broadcast Wifi

Posted May 11, 2013 07:16 AM

I had a similar issue in the past and after troubleshooting the issue turned out to be a wrong vlan ID was configured in my virtual AP profiles (typo).  That caused the AP to not broadcast any SSID's.  I have also noticed that even if the virtual ap  profile has the right vlan ID but if your vlan interface IP configuration is wrong you get the same issue (i.e. SSID's won't broadcast).

Some commands I use to troubleshoot AP's not broadcasting SSID's: 

- show ap essid -  this gives you a quick way to check is any AP's are broadcasting SSID's.  That way you don't have to be near the AP.

- show ap database | include <ap-name>  - look for any flags such as (D,G,L, U, or I)

- show ap bss-table ap-name <name of ap> - If all is working fine you'll see a list of BSSID's for your AP. Meaning it's broadcasting.  If not then you need to check your config again. 

- show datapath tunnel | i <IP of the AP> -  You should see an GRE tunnel for each BSSID your AP is broadcasting. 

Other things to check are the specific conifugartion profiles that configure your SSID's: 

- I already meantioned the vlan issue with my Virutal Ap profile

- Check that your AP group has the radio profiles configured (you never know). 

- check your SSID profile is configured right.

• 6.  RE: AP 105's wont broadcast Wifi

Posted May 13, 2013 04:10 PM

We do have a mesh config. I will check the vlan ID issue.

• 7.  RE: AP 105's wont broadcast Wifi

Posted May 13, 2013 04:13 PM

Also do a (controllers) #show  profile-errors

That will tell you if there's any errors on any of the profiles configured