Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP 105 static IP

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  AP 105 static IP

Posted Mar 27, 2018 10:55 AM

Community,

I would like to assign static IP addresses to all my Aruba 105 AP's but am having a hard time finding where to do this in the controller (3200xm). All the google searches come up for "instant AP's" but that is not what I have. How do i assign static IP's to my AP's? Do I have to do it via CLI at each individual AP?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: AP 105 static IP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 27, 2018 11:35 AM

Configuration> Wireless> AP Installation.

An Aruba Installation assumes that your access points will do dhcp, so there are very few places that support easy installation/maintenence of statically addressed access points.

• 3.  RE: AP 105 static IP

Posted Mar 27, 2018 11:48 AM

Colin,

Does this mean the only viable way to apply static IPs to an AP 105 is via CLI? 

• 4.  RE: AP 105 static IP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 27, 2018 12:00 PM

No.  While provisioning an AP in the GUI (to change the name or ap-group), you can set the static ip address parameters there.

• 5.  RE: AP 105 static IP

Posted Mar 27, 2018 02:52 PM

Colin,

I am having trouble finding where in the controller this is set at. i went to Configuration tab-->Wireless-->AP Configuration but am seeing nothing. I tried in both AP Groups and AP Specific tabs.  

• 6.  RE: AP 105 static IP
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 27, 2018 02:54 PM

Configuration> Wireless> AP Installation.

• 7.  RE: AP 105 static IP

Posted Mar 27, 2018 03:03 PM

Thanks Colin, I see it now! You have to check the AP and then click on "provision"

Thanks!

• 8.  RE: AP 105 static IP
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 27, 2018 03:37 PM

You would have to do the same thing to change the name or group of an AP.