Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-105

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  AP-105

Posted Aug 18, 2014 04:30 PM

Hi,

i have ap-105 so i got query about it.

how do i attached the Ap-105 so it can work?

i have power supply to power on the ap-105 but what should i do afterwords.

how can i access ap-105 so i can configure the device?

i cant get it work and cant log on to the ap-105 via IP???

Please help

Many Thanks

• 2.  RE: AP-105

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 18, 2014 04:33 PM

Is this an IAP-105-US or AP-105-US.

If it's an IAP, then you should connect it to a wired uplink port, then power it up.  If it's factory defaulted, then it should broadcast an SSID called "instant".

Connect to that and open up a browser ...the default credentials are admin/admin

If it's NOT factory defaulted, take a paper clip and hold down the reset button located at the bottom of the unit.  Power it up with this pressed in and the power LED will flash rapidly.  Once this occurs, take the paper clip out.  The unit is now defaulted.

• 3.  RE: AP-105

Posted Aug 18, 2014 04:39 PM

thanks for reply

i am in uk so i persume it ap-105uk

i have tried this reset method but when ever i power on the ap-105 it did not broadcast the SSID

and if i may ask what is apnoot and how should get on it??

• 4.  RE: AP-105

Posted Aug 18, 2014 04:40 PM

its AP-105 thats for sure

• 5.  RE: AP-105

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 18, 2014 04:46 PM

If so, then you need a controller to manage and provision this AP.  It will not work on its own

• 6.  RE: AP-105

Posted Aug 18, 2014 04:54 PM

right, if you can help me out and please explain what do you mean by i need controler?could you kindly tel me the name of controller and where to buy?

another query i have 2 exact same ap-105 but one has reset button at the back and the other one does not have ? could kindly explain why?

Many Thanks

• 7.  RE: AP-105

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 18, 2014 07:26 PM

You will need to reach out to a partner or Aruba representative to go over options.  All of our controllers can be found here:

http://www.arubanetworks.com/products/mobility-controllers/