Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-108 uplink capability?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP-108 uplink capability?

Posted Feb 12, 2013 10:55 PM

I'm building a residential wireless mesh network to serve underserved areas in Upstate, NY using the AP-175 as outdoor infrastructure AP's each with a fiber backhaul.  I would like to place the AP-108's in the subscribers home and uplink wirelessly to the nearest AP-175.  The AP-108 will have antennas installed outdoors.  The goal isn't wireless in the home, it's to convert a physical ethernet for service delivery. Can the AP-108 uplink wirelessly to the AP-175?  

• 2.  RE: AP-108 uplink capability?

Posted Feb 13, 2013 10:39 AM

If I understand it well you don't want the RAP-108 to be part of the mesh network rather use it as a standalone AP with Wi-Fi uplink, right?

If so you can do this if you use the RAP-108 as an Instant AP (the latest firmware support it - search for "Wi-Fi Uplink" in the Instant User Guide) and you can also use Ethernet bridging.

• 3.  RE: AP-108 uplink capability?

Posted Jul 02, 2013 08:55 PM

Hi jwemette,

Can you provide any advice on how you terminated the fibre, connected, and housed the AP-175?

I'll be doing a similar deployment shortly and our structured cable vendor strongly recomends fibre for best practice outdoor deployments.

I just found this guide that looks to be on the right track but would like to hear from someone who has done it!

Solution Guide: Deploying Omnitron PoE Media Converters with Aruba Access Points and AirMesh Routers »

Thanks and regards,

Shane