Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor I

AP-114 Antenna connections

HI,

I have taken over support for a large wifi network we are upgrading AP-70's to AP-114 for outdoor wifi. We have been ordering antenna's which are panel based with 3 inputs like the Aruba ANT-18 to replace where a single dipole was used with an AP-70. One of our locations has 3 seperate antenna's connected to 1 AP-70. 1 Dipole in the front of the building 1 diploe on the back conencted each to the 2.4 radio 0 and 1. Then 1 of the 5.8Gig radios is connected to a small panel antenna feeding a mesh going into another buildng. My question is with MIMO should it not have all 3 radio outputs on the AP-114 conencted to the same antenna feeding the same clients not split up like this? Can I replace that single AP-70 with the AP-114 and use it the same way. The problem is the ap-114 has 3 outputs I'm not sure which one is the 2.4 or the 5.8 radio? Should I have purchased a differnt AP for this instead of the AP-114 which does identifiy which output is from which radio? I noticed when I provision one it has a way to change it to a single chain radio would that help? I wish aruba would give out better documentation with the AP's.

Aruba Employee

Re: AP-114 Antenna connections

There is documentation on the support site. The AP114 requires a dual band antenna. So you may have purchased the incorrect AP to re-use existing antennas. You should reach out ot your local Aruba account team or partner to get some additional help on this. Feel free to reply back if you need further help.

-Mike

Frequent Contributor I

Are all 3 connections both 2.8 and 5.8ghz? 

Aruba Employee

Yes. Check out the antennas we have at the following link:

http://www.arubanetworks.com/products/access-points/indoor-and-outdoor-antennas/

The antennas would be the dual polarized antennas which supports A/G at the same time and only requires the 3 connectors. What are you trying to do? Replace AP but keep the existing antennas? 

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: