Wireless Access

Contributor I

AP-175 and AP-274

When configuring an AP-175 or a AP-274 to a Aruba Controller does any of these AP's need to be consoled into first?  I know that with the AP-105 for instance, when it is connected to the switch it will power up & automaticly appear on the controller GUI so that it can be configured from the controller by default.  Do these 2 AP's work like that or do they have their own dedicated GUI that needs to be turned off first. Do they need to be consoled into & put into controller mode first?

Guru Elite

Re: AP-175 and AP-274

As long as the model numbers are not IAP-175 and IAP-274, you do not need to configure them outside of a controller. You will need high powered POE, however.
Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Contributor I

So based of your info the AP's below do NOT need to be configured apart from the controller first correct?

Product description: Aruba AP-175AC Otdr AC Pwr 11n AP Product number: JX776A

Part description: Aruba AP-274 Otdr Dual 3x3:3 802.11ac AP

Guru Elite

That is from my experience. Please take a look at the installation guides for those access points for more detailed information: https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/EntryId/290/Default.aspx
Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Regular Contributor I

Hi

From my experience Colin is right. Just connect the AP-175 like I did and you are good to go
Cheers, Frank
Aruba Partner Ambassador| AMFX#22| ACCX#613| ACMX#733| ACDX#744

If you like my posts, kudo's are welcome. If it solves your problem, please click 'Accept as Solution'
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: