Wireless Access

DNe
Contributor II

AP-203H Console Issue

Hi Guys,

iam expecting some issues in using the console (USB) Port on the AP-203H. There comes up a Windows (10) error message when plug in the ap it comes up as unkown device. Also the installation of the common usb drivers won't work for that device.

Thanks in advance

ACMP
Highlighted

Re: AP-203H Console Issue

The Aruba drivers are available here: https://support.arubanetworks.com/ToolsResources/tabid/76/DMXModule/514/EntryId/4229/Default.aspx

Cheers
James

-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------@whereisjrw-------------------
------------------------blog-------------------------
ACCX #540 | ACMX #353 | ACDX #216
-----------Mobility First Expert #11----------
-------------------------------------------------------

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
DNe
Contributor II

These driver won't work for 203H. Tested on two PCs Win7 + Win10.

ACMP

The port on the 203H is not a micro USB port, it is serial. According to the AP-203H Ordering Guide will need a console cable that has a USB to serial converter.

JY728A AP-CBL-SERU Micro-USB TTL3.3V to USB2.0 AP Console Adapter Cable

Check also this post.

Drivers and documentation for the AP-CBL-SERU:

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Default.aspx?EntryId=25046

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
DNe
Contributor II

Thanks for feedback! I will oder that cabe. BUT which guy use a micro USB Port and a SPECIAL cable to USB ??? I wonder that all switches and APs have a standard USB and those NEW devices use a special "standard" looking usb plug. I think you might shoot a own goal with this :-( but thanks for the hint.

ACMP
Frequent Contributor I

Agreed. This is a proper "What the hell?" moment.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: