Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

AP-205 versus Extreme 3805 looking for competitive info

Erate 470  bids going in tomorrow and looking for an explanation or competitive info comparing AP-205 against Extreme 3805 which is signification cheaper $$$$

Aruba Employee

Re: AP-205 versus Extreme 3805 looking for competitive info

I do have a bias but,

Check online resources regading Aruba vs. Extreme in the wireless market (such as Gartner). Check online resources for performance / throughput testing (Aruba vs. Extreme).  I think you will agree that Aruba's leadership in the market, features, functions and performance is well worth the small price difference.  Consider Aruba's overall solution set (Airwave and Clearpass) and not just the 'wireless' aspect. When considering performance think of the the growth in the number of wireless devices that will connect to the network (3-5 years). In addition compare:

AppRF

Client Match

UCC, QoS

AirGroup

caveat emptor.

Super Contributor I

Re: AP-205 versus Extreme 3805 looking for competitive info

We recently went with Aruba over Extreme (then Enterasys.)  The decision had little to do with the APs themselves and more to do with the controllers and supporting environment.  Well, OK the -H series APs were a deciding factor for building premisis wiring reasons, but it's likely there is a competing model for that by now.

That said, if we were a company that only served clients which our IT department configured, then Extreme would have been competitive.  They still had some catchup to do in .edu-grade BYOD features/security though.

So it depends a lot on your use case.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: