Wireless Access

New Contributor

AP-207 not listed in virtual controller

Hallo,

we have some aruba AP-207 and IAP-207-RW. There are no problems with the IAPs, which are all working fine. But we are not able to connect the AP-207 APs with the virtual controller. To configure them we are using a control cable and the settings (command: printenv) are equal to the IPA-207, also they have the same firmware 6.5.1.0-4.3.1.2. The AP-207 is pingable in the wireless network and i can even connect with the webinterface but for any reason the default username/password (admin/admin) doesn't work. Also reseting the device (command purgeenv) doesn't help.

Best regards

Occasional Contributor II

Re: AP-207 not listed in virtual controller

Hi,

I think you have only IAP-207 and not an AP-207. Are the country codes the same? All the AP's needs the same country code. 

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/What-are-requirements-to-form-Instant-AP-cluster-with-mixed-IAP/ta-p/178020

If the country code is the same. Please take a look in the logs add the VC > show log system 50. If the AP is rejected you will see it in the logs.

Regards,

Willem Bargeman
ACCX #822 | ACMP
New Contributor

Hallo,

thanks for your answer. The Countrycodes on the packaging are all ROW. But I guess I need to have a chat with our supplier cause the SN, MAC, etc. are different (packaging label and device label). I think we need to workout a solution with the supplier, that we received the APs we ordered. We hoped that we can use the AP-207 after configure them with the console cable but it looks like it won't be working in this combination.

Best regards

Aruba Employee

You cannot convert an AP-207 to an IAP-207. The other way round will work.

You have to talk to your Distributer to get an Instant AP instead.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: