Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-22x mounting clips for "Prelude" style ceiling rails/tiles?

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  AP-22x mounting clips for "Prelude" style ceiling rails/tiles?

Posted Oct 14, 2015 02:02 PM
      |   view attached

Recently we've encountered a new install with ceiling rails/tiles similar to the Armstrong "Prelude" (except in our case they are the smaller 9/16") --
    http://www.armstrong.com/commceilingsna/products/suspension-systems/prelude-1516-exposed-tee-systems/_/N-mZ1z141h3

* The mount clips included with the APs prevent the tiles from coming down and fitting flush with the rails.
    * The AP-220-MNT-C2 for the "Silhouette" and "Interlude" style grids don't appear they will fit with these "Prelude" style rails.

Is there a different clip that will fit best with this "Prelude" style?  See attached image for example...

• 2.  RE: AP-22x mounting clips for "Prelude" style ceiling rails/tiles?

Posted Oct 16, 2015 12:53 AM

AP-220-MNT-C1 I think is the right clip for your rails.  I agree when using the C2 on the correct rail the ceiling tiles still do not sit flush.  Kinda sucks you would think the clip can connect to the inside channel on the C2 clip instead of the outside or the rail where the tile sites.

• 3.  RE: AP-22x mounting clips for "Prelude" style ceiling rails/tiles?

Posted Oct 16, 2015 12:56 AM

The AP-220-MNT-C1 ceiling rail adapter kit includes the following items:

 9/16" Ceiling Rail Adapter

 15/16” Ceiling Rail Adapter

file:///C:/Users/Alan/Downloads/AP-220-MNT-C1%20Rev01.pdf

• 4.  RE: AP-22x mounting clips for "Prelude" style ceiling rails/tiles?

Posted Oct 23, 2015 11:39 AM

Hi Alan, thanks for your input.  I believe the AP-220-MNT-C1 ships with the AP22x... that's the bracket I'm trying to find an alternate for.  Maybe this "Prelude style bracket" hasn't been created yet?  Wonder how I could put in an RFP for such a thing... :)

• 5.  RE: AP-22x mounting clips for "Prelude" style ceiling rails/tiles?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 23, 2015 11:40 AM
    Is prelude different than interlude? 

Thanks, 
    Tim

• 6.  RE: AP-22x mounting clips for "Prelude" style ceiling rails/tiles?

Posted Oct 23, 2015 11:49 AM

Hi Tim - yes, the Interlude and Prelude are different - you can see in the images I've attached.  (at our customer, the Prelude is actually 9/16")  

And there's also a "Silhouette" style, which is also different.

• 7.  RE: AP-22x mounting clips for "Prelude" style ceiling rails/tiles?

Posted Oct 24, 2015 04:31 PM

I've actually found quite a few ceiling grids that neither of the ones that come with the AP will fit (sometimes I swear, every building on campus has a totally different ceiling grid!)  Here's a write-up on what I do for cases where the grid mounts just won't work.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/Ultimate-universal-ceiling-grid-mounting-kit/m-p/199595

• 8.  RE: AP-22x mounting clips for "Prelude" style ceiling rails/tiles?

Posted Oct 24, 2015 05:48 PM
    I think it's the c1 clips that come with the APS. The C2 my be the other types you need between the two should fit all grids. If you got big bucks the Aruba T1 mount is very nice but to expensive for me. Google Oberon AP mounts they have a lot of stuff that fits Aruba. I'm waiting on. Price guide from them.

• 9.  RE: AP-22x mounting clips for "Prelude" style ceiling rails/tiles?

Posted Nov 17, 2015 11:35 AM

Hi fsweetser, nice design/implementation of your mounts!  We had to do a bunch of APs in a short time so this wouldn't have been feasible, but will keep it in mind for smaller deployments.

Yes indeed... all campuses seem to have differing ceiling rail styles... the struggle is real :D

• 10.  RE: AP-22x mounting clips for "Prelude" style ceiling rails/tiles?

Posted Oct 18, 2020 05:30 AM

Hi Can someone please assist me. Using the AP-315. we have existing mounts that are using the CM1-1. These fit a 24mm Prelude ceiling grid. 

I need a part number for the 24mm ceiling grid mounting bracket.

We have been supplied a kit but this for a 15mm (5/8) and 23mm (15/16) grid bracket.
    p/n: AP-220-MNT-C2
    prod: JW045A
    desc: ARUBA AP-220-MNT CEILING RAIL MT KIT

This kit doesn't fit the 24mm grid

see photos attached.
    20201018_112749.jpg

This kit doesn't fit the 24mm grid

• 11.  RE: AP-22x mounting clips for "Prelude" style ceiling rails/tiles?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 19, 2020 10:46 AM

This thread is over 5 years old. Can you please start a new topic of discussion?

• 12.  RE: AP-22x mounting clips for "Prelude" style ceiling rails/tiles?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 19, 2020 02:13 PM

Please be aware that the two clips in the picture are the ones in the AP-220-MNT-C2 kit, not -C1.

Both clips in the C2 kit are for 9/16" rails (but not the regular flat ones).

In the C1 kit you'll find two clips for flat rails; one for 8/15" and one for 15/16". The second one is identical/equivalent to the "CM1-1" one (2210599), and should fit your rails.