Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

AP-22x mounting clips for "Prelude" style ceiling rails/tiles?

Recently we've encountered a new install with ceiling rails/tiles similar to the Armstrong "Prelude" (except in our case they are the smaller 9/16") --
http://www.armstrong.com/commceilingsna/products/suspension-systems/prelude-1516-exposed-tee-systems/_/N-mZ1z141h3

* The mount clips included with the APs prevent the tiles from coming down and fitting flush with the rails.
* The AP-220-MNT-C2 for the "Silhouette" and "Interlude" style grids don't appear they will fit with these "Prelude" style rails.

Is there a different clip that will fit best with this "Prelude" style?  See attached image for example...

Regular Contributor I

Re: AP-22x mounting clips for "Prelude" style ceiling rails/tiles?

AP-220-MNT-C1 I think is the right clip for your rails.  I agree when using the C2 on the correct rail the ceiling tiles still do not sit flush.  Kinda sucks you would think the clip can connect to the inside channel on the C2 clip instead of the outside or the rail where the tile sites.

Regular Contributor I

The AP-220-MNT-C1 ceiling rail adapter kit includes the following items:

 9/16" Ceiling Rail Adapter

 15/16” Ceiling Rail Adapter

file:///C:/Users/Alan/Downloads/AP-220-MNT-C1%20Rev01.pdf

Occasional Contributor I

Hi Alan, thanks for your input.  I believe the AP-220-MNT-C1 ships with the AP22x... that's the bracket I'm trying to find an alternate for.  Maybe this "Prelude style bracket" hasn't been created yet?  Wonder how I could put in an RFP for such a thing... :)

Guru Elite

Is prelude different than interlude? 

Thanks, 
Tim

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Occasional Contributor I

Hi Tim - yes, the Interlude and Prelude are different - you can see in the images I've attached.  (at our customer, the Prelude is actually 9/16")  

And there's also a "Silhouette" style, which is also different.

Frequent Contributor I

I've actually found quite a few ceiling grids that neither of the ones that come with the AP will fit (sometimes I swear, every building on campus has a totally different ceiling grid!)  Here's a write-up on what I do for cases where the grid mounts just won't work.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/Ultimate-universal-ceiling-grid-mounting-kit/m-p/199595

Regular Contributor I

I think it's the c1 clips that come with the APS. The C2 my be the other types you need between the two should fit all grids. If you got big bucks the Aruba T1 mount is very nice but to expensive for me. Google Oberon AP mounts they have a lot of stuff that fits Aruba. I'm waiting on. Price guide from them.
Occasional Contributor I

Hi fsweetser, nice design/implementation of your mounts!  We had to do a bunch of APs in a short time so this wouldn't have been feasible, but will keep it in mind for smaller deployments.

Yes indeed... all campuses seem to have differing ceiling rail styles... the struggle is real :D

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: