Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

AP-274 point to point bridge

Hello,

There are 2 access points AP-274 with external antennas ANTENNA KIT ANT-2X2-5314.

2 questions:

1. Can I do this as in the picture?

At the moment, buy mst200 there is no possibility.

12.jpg

2. Did not find the information on the range of the antenna. Can I use them for the 500 metro distance?

Aruba Employee

Re: AP-274 point to point bridge

The MST200 has a built in antenna with 13dBi of gain. The ANT-2x2-5314 is similar, with 14dBi but with slight different beamwidths.

The ANT-2x2-5314 only provides two antenna leads, while the AP274 has three (per band). If one of the antenna connectors is left unused, it should be connected to a terminator.

Distance should be fine, but for any outdoor deployment the installation options and physical environment play a significant role.

Charlie Clemmer
Aruba Customer Engineering
Occasional Contributor I

I would like to ask the first question again.

Is it possible to bridge the ap207 as a point-to-point and merge two networks in different buildings, as is done with the help of mst200.

Aruba Employee

The AP207 also supports mesh and can be used for point-to-point connectivity. The AP207/AP274 is a different architecture than the MST200, and does not interoperate between the two. The network needs to either be ArubaOS based (AP207/AP274) or MeshOS (MST200), but not a mix of both on the same link.

Charlie Clemmer

Note the AP-207 is not the fastest or highest performing AP so your mileage may vary on the range and rate you get.

Occasional Contributor I

Sory, sory

I have a typo in the name. The correct name is ap274.

Occasional Contributor I

As I understand it, I can organize a mesh link and connect 2 remote Ethernet networks with ap274?

12.jpg

In the documentation for ArubaOS found such solutions. This is acceptable for ap274?
There is also a 7008 Mobility Controller available.

13.jpg

I am new to these solutions, but I want to work with this equipment.
Thanks for answers.

Aruba Employee

@Batonwrote:

As I understand it, I can organize a mesh link and connect 2 remote Ethernet networks with ap274?

12.jpg

In the documentation for ArubaOS found such solutions. This is acceptable for ap274?
There is also a 7008 Mobility Controller available.

13.jpg

That is correct, the AP274 does support mesh and can therefore support point-to-point and/or point-to-multipoint options.

Charlie Clemmer
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: