Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

AP-275 Outdoor Implementation VRDs

Hi,

Can someone point out to me the VRDs related to outdoor installation of the new AP-275s?

I am not sure how these APs will perform without external antenna for outdoor coverage scenarios, it would be handy to get some idea from VRDs that touch on AP-275 outdoor installation considerations and recommendations.

Thanks in advance,

William

Guru Elite

Re: AP-275 Outdoor Implementation VRDs

There are no VRDs for the 270 series yet. You should work with your local Aruba account team or partner.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Occasional Contributor II

Cappali,

Thanks for the advise.

One further query related to this, btw I am just treading new ground here in terms of WiFi RF propagation, I noted the AP-275 does not have an option for external antennae. Does this mean that overall the AP-275 will have a smaller RF footprint comparatively to the AP-175?

Cheers,

Guru Elite

The 275 has built in I'm omnidirectional antennas. The 274 allows for external antennas.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480

Coverage footprint of the 275 is equivalent to the 175 with using 2005/5005 antennas. Thorughput at set ranges is actually a bit higher with the 275 when compared with the 175 (2005/5005) due to the additional chain and support for AC and 3x3. Much of the actual performance will be dictated by the client device and number of chains/support for 11ac, etc.

Jerrod Howard
Sr. Techical Marketing Engineer
Contributor I

Hi Guys,

Considering that there is no VRD for the AP-275 yet and that there is no mention of the AP-275 in the Outdoor MIMO Wireless Networks VRD (http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/Outdoor-MIMO-Wireless-Networks/ta-p/155624), how up to date is the Outdoor MIMO Wireless Networks VRD?

Thank you.

Best regards,

François

Guru Elite

The concepts are still the same.  There is no new approach introduced with the AP275...just the antenna pattern...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

Thank you Colin,

It is mentioned that the OS used is different on the AP-175 compared to the MSR series. I suppose that the same OS runs on the AP-270 and the AP-175 right?

Thank you!

François

Guru Elite

The IAP and controller-based versions of the 175 and 275 run the same OS, yes.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

There is a draft modification to the existing Outdoor VRD awaiting approval (let's call it Outdoor MIMO VRD 1.1). We will be working this fall on an Outdoor 11ac VRD 2.0 that will cover only AOS and Instant AP-27x and 228 APs that we hope to have finished in late Dec/Early Jan. 

As Colin noted though, the existing Outdoor VRD is still the go-to source for outdoor information. The updated draft contains some data on rate v range with mesh and clients using the 27x APs, but in general all of the data is still the same. Obviously the MeshOS content is unchanged and will be the defacto VRD for any MSR products.

Thanks!

Jerrod Howard
Sr. Techical Marketing Engineer
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: