Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-275 radios not coming up

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP-275 radios not coming up

Posted Sep 18, 2014 01:04 AM

Hi 

We have 2 AP275 using with 3400 controller. the problem is that the AP is getting sync. with the controller but the radios wont comeup ( not showing the channels)and on the AP red steady LED is stowing (not blinking)

we are using the power injectors which is PD-9001GR-AC but with no luck. 

initialy one of the AP came up but only worked for 15 mins but stopped after that. is there anything related with power ?

• 2.  RE: AP-275 radios not coming up

Posted Sep 18, 2014 03:44 AM

Hi

I assume you have provisioned the AP's in a AP group with at least one VAP.

Are there any flags related to the AP in the AP Installation overview?

The controller needs to be upgraded to 6.4, but i assume this is done, otherwise you would not be seeing the AP's.

I have witnessed something somewhat similar. In my installation, the DNS domain for the AP was different from what the aruba-master DNS record was showing.

I'm now assuming you are using DNS as the primary solution for the AP to get hold of the controller.

My AP-205 was experiencing much of the same when the DNS domain was wrong. The AP stayed up for longer or shorter periods, but giving med ID flags.

Roar Fossen

#AP205

• 3.  RE: AP-275 radios not coming up
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 18, 2014 04:04 AM

Hi

Take a look at this post aswell

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/AP275-Radio-disabled-due-to-low-power/td-p/164892

Seems to be an issue with AP-275 and power consumption.

You might need to enable LLDP on the switch.

Roar Fossen