Wireless Access

Contributor I

AP-277 Minimum OS version

Hello,

Data Sheet for AP-270 Series Access Points is stating that AP-277 requires minimum 6.4.3 ArubaOS to work. 

What are limitations of provisioning it on controller running lower version of OS (6.4.2.8, for example)? Thanks.

Regards,

NesaM

Guru Elite

Re: AP-277 Minimum OS vetrsion

Anything lower does not have an image for that AP and it will not work.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

Re: AP-277 Minimum OS vetrsion

Thanks Colin.

Regards,

NesaM

Frequent Contributor I

Re: AP-277 Minimum OS version

Hi NesaM, We ran into that issue with the AP-277 and AP-205H on coincidentally the same version you're running. As Colin said, it won't work. The AP won't ever reach the provisioning stage or even show up in the GUI - you will however see an error log on the discovered master controller along the lines of "minimum firmware not met" and the AP will eventually reboot due to not finding a suitable controller and continue to "appear" to never show up on the controller. As a temporary measure, we statically assigned the one needed AP-277 to our test controller running the 6.4.3 code via console cable. We then ran a separate pair of controllers for the part of campus that needed 205Hs - we're finally planning on consolidating our controllers back to a single master for ArubaOS 8.

#AirheadsMobile
Frequent Contributor I

Sorry, posted from the app and hadn't seen that this was already marked as "Solved". 

Contributor I

Hi,

No worries, appreciate your reply and clarification on what you experienced. Thanks.

Regards,

NesaM

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: