Wireless Access

Super Contributor I

AP-365 mounting way

Hi guys,

Has anyone experience with the AP-365 series? I have installed an AP-365 which has omnidirectional antennas, but I have low coverage. I wonder how is the way for mounting this AP, because unlike the 270 series, there is no installation guide for this AP. In order to have an omnidirectional pattern of coverage in outdoor, do you know if the point A in the following figure has to point to ground or to the horizon?

ap365.png

In my case it is pointing to ground. Any answer will be appreciated.

Regards,

Julián 

Super Contributor I

Re: AP-365 mounting way

Hi guys,

Any idea? I mean, which would be the correct position between the attached pictures, position A or B?

Regards,

Julián

The AP-365 should be exactly mounted like the AP-275 (same mounting material); so image A matches that. Use the mount on the wall, or pole; and the mount point on the AP is pointing upwards (and slided in the AP mount), the flat surface of the AP is pointing down:

position_a.jpg

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Super Contributor I

Hi Herman,

Clear, many thanks!

Regards,

Julián

We will likely update the installation guides in late June/early July.

Jerrod Howard
Sr. Techical Marketing Engineer
Regular Contributor I

Hi, when we will have antenna pattern for the 367 in the datasheet? It's impossible to select this AP for purpose without knowing the antenna patterns.

--
ACMA ACMP

Not at all impossible, all you need is the gain and the beamwidths, the antenna patterns just give you the fade outside the -3dB demarc (ala the antenna width). I rarely use the actual antenna patterns at all. PLM decides if they go on the datasheets, and he decided not to include them.

Jerrod Howard
Sr. Techical Marketing Engineer
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: