Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-365 refused to make any connection

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  AP-365 refused to make any connection

Posted Jun 07, 2017 05:51 PM
      |   view attached

I am using  the controller 7005 with ArubaOS 6.5.3.0.     After I logged in to my AP-365,  I tried to setup its master controller(screenshot attached).

However after this step my AP refused to make any connection even after rebooting.   I can still ping  my AP but they refuse anyconnection and    on my controller it says the APs are down.

• 2.  RE: AP-365 refused to make any connection

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 08, 2017 08:56 AM

If you just boot up the AP on the same subnet as the master controller, it should find the controller.  You should not have to convert it.

Just boot the AP up on the same subnet and type "show datapath session table <ip address of ap>" on the commandline of the controller to see if it is sending the controller any traffic.  Repeat the command every few seconds.

• 3.  RE: AP-365 refused to make any connection

Posted Jun 08, 2017 03:02 PM

Hello

On my controller I can actually see the AP.  However it all ways shows that the   status of the AP is           down(denied).  Do you know how to fix that?  Both controller and AP are on the same LAN

• 4.  RE: AP-365 refused to make any connection
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 08, 2017 03:11 PM

• 5.  RE: AP-365 refused to make any connection

Posted Jun 08, 2017 09:16 PM

Hello
    Thank you very much. I got the APs up. However even after I went through the WIZARDS for AP, WLAN and controller, my APs are still kind of inactive. It is not broadcasting SSID.

Under network summery-> all Access Points I can see my ap. However under controller->Access Points I can see nothing. I am trying to setup a Campus WLAN. Do you know what I should do or document I can refer to?

Thank you very much

• 6.  RE: AP-365 refused to make any connection

Posted Apr 18, 2018 05:12 PM

Please can i know how you power your AP 365 using POE or POE+ ?

second did you fix the issue of broadcasting SSID as i have same issue but i work AP-365 as IAP .