Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

AP-365 refused to make any connection

I am using  the controller 7005 with ArubaOS 6.5.3.0.     After I logged in to my AP-365,  I tried to setup its master controller(screenshot attached).

However after this step my AP refused to make any connection even after rebooting.   I can still ping  my AP but they refuse anyconnection and    on my controller it says the APs are down.

Guru Elite

Re: AP-365 refused to make any connection

If you just boot up the AP on the same subnet as the master controller, it should find the controller.  You should not have to convert it.

Just boot the AP up on the same subnet and type "show datapath session table <ip address of ap>" on the commandline of the controller to see if it is sending the controller any traffic.  Repeat the command every few seconds.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Hello

On my controller I can actually see the AP.  However it all ways shows that the   status of the AP is           down(denied).  Do you know how to fix that?  Both controller and AP are on the same LAN

Guru Elite

You need to enable "auto cert provisioning" in CPSEC:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/What-is-control-plane-security-How-does-one-configure-verify-it/ta-p/174912

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Hello
Thank you very much. I got the APs up. However even after I went through the WIZARDS for AP, WLAN and controller, my APs are still kind of inactive. It is not broadcasting SSID.

Under network summery-> all Access Points I can see my ap. However under controller->Access Points I can see nothing. I am trying to setup a Campus WLAN. Do you know what I should do or document I can refer to?

Thank you very much

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: