Wireless Access

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  AP-365

Posted Apr 17, 2018 08:46 AM

I have an issue in this model AP365, it run OS 6.5.2 . but it dont broadcast default  SSID (set up me ). but SSID is exist and enable on GUI  . also i  create anther SSID but also it didn't broadcasting . please note that i power AP by poe switch not poe+ , i dont know if that can cause this problem ? 

also i have some question as it is the first time i deal with aruba .

I have 4 AP-365 and i need to work all of them in IAP virtual controller.

1-  how can i controll which one will be the virtual controller ?

2- what is the different between virtual controller ip and master ip ?

3- how to mange AP in VLAN and user will access AP in other VLAN ?

• 2.  RE: AP-365

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 17, 2018 11:13 AM

@eng.mbashar89wrote:

I have an issue in this model AP365, it run OS 6.5.2 . but it dont broadcast default  SSID (set up me ). but SSID is exist and enable on GUI  . also i  create anther SSID but also it didn't broadcasting . please note that i power AP by poe switch not poe+ , i dont know if that can cause this problem ? 

also i have some question as it is the first time i deal with aruba .

I have 4 AP-365 and i need to work all of them in IAP virtual controller.

1-  how can i controll which one will be the virtual controller ?

2- what is the different between virtual controller ip and master ip ?

3- how to mange AP in VLAN and user will access AP in other VLAN ?

Can you post a screen shot of your your Instant Dashboard? The datasheet for your AP can be accessed here: http://arubanetworks.com/assets/ds/DS_AP360Series.pdf and lists the power requirements for the AP365.

There's also a couple links that should help clarify how/why the virtual controller is elected on a particular unit in an Instant cluster:

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_41_Mobile/Advanced/Content/UG_files/CustomizeIAPParams/Master_Election_Protocol.htm

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/tkb/articleprintpage/tkb-id/Controller-lessWLANs/article-id/153

• 3.  RE: AP-365

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 17, 2018 11:20 AM

The 365s are likely not joining the existing cluster because they are not matching the version of the existing APs running in the established cluster.  Are there any other Instant APs on the network? Do you see all four 365s in the cluster if not?

• 4.  RE: AP-365

Posted Apr 17, 2018 01:57 PM

i attached image for dashboard , some show commands and file for running configuration . i try both OS 6.5.2 and 6,5,3 and both default SSID (setmeup) n0t broadcasting .

Attachment(s)

txt
    config.txt   2 KB 1 version

• 5.  RE: AP-365

Posted Apr 17, 2018 01:57 PM

i attached image for dashboard , some show commands and file for running configuration . i try both OS 6.5.2 and 6,5,3 and both default SSID (setmeup) n0t broadcasting .

Attachment(s)

txt

• 6.  RE: AP-365

Posted Apr 17, 2018 01:59 PM

Attachment(s)

txt

• 7.  RE: AP-365

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 17, 2018 04:36 PM

So assuming you have no other Instant APs on your network, you should be able to power up the first AP-365 and give it some config, some WLAN. Other AP-365s once up should join that cluster and show up in the dashbaord.

• 8.  RE: AP-365

Posted Apr 17, 2018 05:31 PM
    As you see in dashboard I access camera through iP. Yes I can create
    multiple WLAN and when I power other AP, they join the cluster and I can
    see WLANs I created on them but the problem that this WLAN don't be
    broadcasting

• 9.  RE: AP-365

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 17, 2018 11:46 PM

If you want to pull a show tech from your VC (show tech-support), that would help as we could then see if it's actually broadcasting or not, or if you client is unable to see it for some reason. But none of the screenshots I can see show anything outside of a single AP and the SetMeUp default SSID.

• 10.  RE: AP-365

Posted Apr 18, 2018 04:58 PM

kindly find attached files . be noted i have now ather issue in booting . also i notes that led light green for 3 sec then orange for 3 sec . 

Attachment(s)

txt
    show tech-support.txt   47 KB 1 version
    txt
    bad boot.txt   4 KB 1 version

• 11.  RE: AP-365

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 18, 2018 05:26 PM

I think you have a couple issues and diagnosing over board messages is likely not the most efficient. I don't see any SSIDs broadcasting nor do I see other VC members. I also see you are at 100full, which is not common, so what/how are these powered, direct from a switch, with a power injector?

I would factory default one of the 365s, bring it up and connect to the provisioning SSID and load the latest Instant OS from support. Then I would provision a single SSID to get rid of the SetMeUp (it should go away once you create a new SSID). Then you can pull in the other 365s up and they should connect to the VC and come up with the same SSID.

If the above isn't working, open a TAC case to have them walk you through it.

• 12.  RE: AP-365
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 26, 2018 10:46 AM

thanks for your all support . i fixed the issue by upgrading firmware to 6.5.4 and now they all working well