Wireless Access

New Contributor

AP-65 move to 3200 controller

I have a 200 controller that I am trying to descommision and want to put the AP-65 on the 3200 controller. I unlugged the Ethernet for the 200 controller and it appeared that the three AP65 rebooted to the 3200 controller, but I do not see them active on the 3200 controller, how can I make sure they are active on the 3200 controller?

Guru Elite

Re: AP-65 move to 3200 controller

On the 3200 controller, go to Configuration> Wireless> AP Installation and see if they are there.  The access points might have been in ap-groups that do not exist on the new controller, so they will not broadcast anything until they are placed in groups that exist on the new controller.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

Hello.
Please make sure that you have disabled Control Plane Security:
In CLI apply:
conf t
control-plane-secuity
cp-sec disable
exit

Default settings in ArubaOS 6.x (latest vesrions) is cp-sec enabled.

Jaroslav
gem
Contributor I

what happens in case an AP-Group does not exist on the new controller?

Which AP-Group are the APs assigned at?

Do they go to the "default"?

Will they still be able to communicate with the new controller to get configuration, given they are configured with "Master Discovery:  Use AP Discovery Protocol"?

Guru Elite

gem wrote:

what happens in case an AP-Group does not exist on the new controller?

Which AP-Group are the APs assigned at?

Do they go to the "default"?

Will they still be able to communicate with the new controller to get configuration, given they are configured with "Master Discovery:  Use AP Discovery Protocol"?

If the new controller does not have the ap-groups, the access points will simply not broadcast anything.  They will sit there and do nothing.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: