Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-68 dying when PoE and console

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP-68 dying when PoE and console

Posted Mar 19, 2013 07:23 AM

Hello everybody,

has anyone noticed this too?

I've already destroyed two AP-68 when I was testing on them with console cable connected and AP PoE powered.

First case: AP-68 with poe from MC620, after some testing AP dies

Second case: AP-68 on poe injector, suddently AP dies and does not even show bootloader - only PWR and Radio LED are steady amber.

I suspect ground/voltage difference problem so my internal workaround is run laptop on batteries...

V.D.

• 2.  RE: AP-68 dying when PoE and console

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 23, 2013 11:46 AM

You should be able to console and power the AP via POE unless there is some local power issue, bad voltages, dirty power, etc. If you can run them on battery via the laptop but the APs have issues when your laptop is on AC power, it makes me wonder if you should look at using a USB console cable, instead of a local COM port (if you aren't using a USB console already), or possibly try a different console adapter...

Are you in US or outside of US?

• 3.  RE: AP-68 dying when PoE and console

Posted Mar 25, 2013 05:55 AM

I'm configuring Aruba AP's almost daily past two years with the same laptop and never had this problem with AP-93 or AP105, which leads me to conclusion it's AP-68 problem.

It's not important as we sell minimal numbers of AP-68, I just become currious how such basic things as connecting console can brick an AP.

I'm in Europe.

Would it be interesting to hear if other people have this problem and that was the reason I've started this thread.

Thanks for your time.

V.D.