Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

AP-93H Split Tunnel Port

I am trying to setup an AP-93H with split tunnel on the ports so that the traffic is not tunneling back to the controller, and just going from the controller locally.

I followed a guide I received from TAC, and when the user connects, they are put in the NAT vlan with the correct role, however they never get the captive portal to login.  I have entered the IP address of the wireless controller and even that will not show a login page, I just get a timeout.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Guru Elite

Re: AP-93H Split Tunnel Port

Are you doing split tunnel captive portal?  Can you at least ping the controller's ip address?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Yes, I can do DNS lookups and ping but it will not display the portal.

Guru Elite

Is the captive portal interface on the controller the same as the controller's management interface, or do you have a separate vlan for captive portal?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

I have a vlan setup on the controller (21) that is setup as a source NAT.  There is an ip on the controller for that vlan as well.

Guru Elite

Does the user get into a role with the Captive Portal ACL?

Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor I

Yes, they are put into the correct login role with the acls applied for redirection.

Guru Elite

You should then type "show datapath session table <ip address of client>" on the commandline of the controller to see what traffic is being passed during the redirect, or if traffic is being denied.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: