Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

AP ANT -17 antenna extenders?

I will be deploying next week for a wireless install and I need some help with installing an AP ANT 17 outside the building.

I am planning to mount the AP 224 inside the building and mount the ANT 17 outside the building but I think the cable antennas will be too short.

Do you carry antenna extenders? Do you have any suggestions? I really don't want to mount the AP outside and deal with ligthning arrestors, grounding, and weatherproof box.

I can see the Antennas but I don't see any APs in the picture. How did they run the cables to the APs and are the APs mounted on top of the roof?

Thank you.

Aruba

Re: AP ANT -17 antenna extenders?

If your antennas are mounted outside, you should really have the lightening arrestors. You should consider something like the AP-ANT-92 which has N type connectors. You can then get pigtail cables of various lengths to go from the lightening arrestor to the AP.

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
mclarke@arubanetworks.com
Occasional Contributor I

Re: AP ANT -17 antenna extenders?

do you have the model numbers and part numbers for arrestors and pigtail cables?

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: