Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP Constantly Rebooting in Comware Switch

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP Constantly Rebooting in Comware Switch

Posted Apr 17, 2017 10:20 PM
      |   view attached

Hi Support,

I am trying to power up the Aruba AP 205 using HP Comware PoE switch but unfortunately it is constantly rebooting. Attached is the Logs of AP-205 in putty.

Attachment(s)

txt
    aruba issue.txt   28 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: AP Constantly Rebooting in Comware Switch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 17, 2017 10:52 PM

It looks like you have the AP statically addressed, but it is not pointing to a controller that exists, or it does not have a master statically addressed:

Got all network params from APboot env. Skipping DHCP
    10.130.10.73 255.255.254.0 10.130.10.70
    Running ADP...[   20.692000] bond0: link up (1000FD)
    [   20.694000] ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): bond0: link becomes ready
    cat: /tmp/master: No such file or directory
    Done. Master is

• 3.  RE: AP Constantly Rebooting in Comware Switch

Posted Apr 18, 2017 08:59 PM

I already tried putting MasterIP in the AP and it has the same issue. I tried to plug it in a procurve switch and fortunately it worked properly. So my guess is it is in the comware switch.

• 4.  RE: AP Constantly Rebooting in Comware Switch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 18, 2017 09:05 PM

The access point is saying that it cannot find a master.  How did you program the AP?  The AP205 should work with regular POE and power should not really be an issue.

• 5.  RE: AP Constantly Rebooting in Comware Switch

Posted Apr 18, 2017 09:16 PM

Base on my observation the AP is not rebooting if connected to procurve switch but when i try to connect it to our client's comware switch the issue occurs, which is AP is constantly rebooting.

• 6.  RE: AP Constantly Rebooting in Comware Switch

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Apr 19, 2017 02:39 AM

Are you able to provide the tech-support from the AP when it is connected to the Procurve switch? As cjoseph said the AP is unable to locate the master so therefore it will reboot via the nanny process. 

When the AP is connected to the Procure switch do you see in the console that the master an be reached? Are the switch ports (e.g trunk/access) VLAN's identical? Is it possible that incorrect configuration on the switch port is not allowing the master to be reached.