Wireless Access

New Contributor

AP Constantly Rebooting in Comware Switch

Hi Support,

I am trying to power up the Aruba AP 205 using HP Comware PoE switch but unfortunately it is constantly rebooting. Attached is the Logs of AP-205 in putty.

Guru Elite

Re: AP Constantly Rebooting in Comware Switch

It looks like you have the AP statically addressed, but it is not pointing to a controller that exists, or it does not have a master statically addressed:

Got all network params from APboot env. Skipping DHCP
10.130.10.73 255.255.254.0 10.130.10.70
Running ADP...[   20.692000] bond0: link up (1000FD)
[   20.694000] ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): bond0: link becomes ready
cat: /tmp/master: No such file or directory
Done. Master is

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

I already tried putting MasterIP in the AP and it has the same issue. I tried to plug it in a procurve switch and fortunately it worked properly. So my guess is it is in the comware switch.

Guru Elite

[ Edited ]

The access point is saying that it cannot find a master.  How did you program the AP?  The AP205 should work with regular POE and power should not really be an issue.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Base on my observation the AP is not rebooting if connected to procurve switch but when i try to connect it to our client's comware switch the issue occurs, which is AP is constantly rebooting.

Highlighted
MVP

Are you able to provide the tech-support from the AP when it is connected to the Procurve switch? As cjoseph said the AP is unable to locate the master so therefore it will reboot via the nanny process. 

When the AP is connected to the Procure switch do you see in the console that the master an be reached? Are the switch ports (e.g trunk/access) VLAN's identical? Is it possible that incorrect configuration on the switch port is not allowing the master to be reached.

ACMA, ACMP
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: