Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP Group contain 8 SSIDs

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP Group contain 8 SSIDs

Posted Jul 23, 2012 11:48 AM

Hi,

The controller 3400 has v6.1.3.0 conifgured with 8 SSIDs under the default AP group, I have 16 departments in my customer's company and I want  to have 16 SSID in that AP group.

Please advice..

• 2.  RE: AP Group contain 8 SSIDs

Posted Jul 23, 2012 11:53 AM

Although 16 SSIDs are supported on the APs, it is not recommended.   Do you have a true design requirement for this number of SSIDs that using the Aruba firewall and roles based access control couldn't solve?

• 3.  RE: AP Group contain 8 SSIDs

Posted Jul 23, 2012 01:04 PM
    Yeah we working on 2 ap groups but the customer want it to be combined in one group so the users will use so the managers can around between depts without disconnecting. In aruba controller GUI wizard i can't add more than 8 SSIDs and even the AP can contain more than 8 SSIDs; my problem in the controller.

• 4.  RE: AP Group contain 8 SSIDs

Posted Jul 23, 2012 01:16 PM

What model APs do you have?   Only some models support the 16.  For example, the AP-105 only supports 8 per radio.  If I recall, there was a general rule of thumb that may or may not still hold true; 8 SSIDs per ethernet interface on the AP.   So, an AP-124/125/134/135 could support up to 16 (although still not recommended).

• 5.  RE: AP Group contain 8 SSIDs

Posted Jul 23, 2012 01:21 PM
    AP93

• 6.  RE: AP Group contain 8 SSIDs

Posted Jul 23, 2012 01:40 PM

Sorry if I led you down the wrong path.   The specs for the AP-93 do say it supports up to 16 SSIDs.   Your issues seems unlreated to any limitation in that manner.   Have you tried to add the virtual-ap profiles to the AP group from teh CLI?