Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP and GRE Tunnel

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  AP and GRE Tunnel

Posted Feb 10, 2014 09:50 AM

Hi i want to know if it is possible that an AP made an GRE tunnel to differents  controllers based on the choosen SSID by the client. For example:

Controller A is the end of the GRE tunnel when the SSID A is choosen and controller B when the SSID B is  choosen.

Best Regards

• 2.  RE: AP and GRE Tunnel

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 10, 2014 09:53 AM

That cannot be done, unfortunately.  An access point can only have a GRE tunnel to a single controller.  Why not put a layer 2 GRE tunnel between the two controllers and MAP the VLAN B to the tunnel, so that the user traffic would effectively end up on controller B?

• 3.  RE: AP and GRE Tunnel

Posted Feb 10, 2014 10:00 AM

Thank you for this answer.

Actually, i just want that the trafic ends on controller B when the choosen SSID is B. I guess your solution will be OK. Can you give me the steps needed for this configuration in details please.*

Thank you again.

• 4.  RE: AP and GRE Tunnel

EMPLOYEE

• 5.  RE: AP and GRE Tunnel

Posted Feb 10, 2014 10:32 AM

Thank for the answer.

Just one last question: For The licence, controller A and B show have the same licence or not?

Thankx again.

• 6.  RE: AP and GRE Tunnel
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 10, 2014 10:40 AM

You do not need a license for any controller that is not terminating access point traffic (Controller B).  If you have other access terminating on that controller, you need licenses for those access points.

• 7.  RE: AP and GRE Tunnel

Posted Feb 10, 2014 10:41 AM

Thankx