Wireless Access

Contributor I

AP cannot be discovered

Hi,

Im facing a problem where some of my deployed AP cant be discovered by controller whenever power trip or get disconnected. So everytime I have to re-provision and re-configure everything from start again. Seem like the AP been purge or reset automatically. Initially I configure a static IP to the AP and use AP discovery protocol setting.

Need some information what cause this problem and guidance how to solve this issue.

Thanks

Regards

Michael

Guru Elite

Re: AP cannot be discovered

Are they appearing on the master with their name or does it just show their MAC address as the AP name?

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Contributor I

Hi Tim

Thanks for your reply.

After I re-provision it, it show mac address as the AP name. Everything look the same as the first time I implement it.

Thanks

Regards

Michael

If it get factory default everytime its out of electricity thats not a normal behavior.

You should open a support case and you should get that AP for RMA...

Anyways there isnt too much you can do

you could try console the AP and do this

on the apboot

clear os

purge env

save env

reset

Configure it and try again

If you still get the problem just open a suppport case and have them RMA your AP...

What i just told you it just if for any reason its a corrupted firmware on the AP(which i don tthink so) but still like i said there is nothing much you can do.

Cheers

Carlos

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
Contributor I

It happen on few APs, for example I have 1 site which have 21 APs, 5 APs experience the problem. So what  I do is:

1. create a temporary DHCP using switch on wireless vlan

2. once AP grab the IP, then I re-provision and reconfigure everything from start again.

It happens randomly, no specific AP. Im using AP-225.

Regards

Michael

So basically this happens

When the AP get disconnected for any reason it gets on factory default??

what i mean is that if the AP gets disconnected and it has no electricity and then you connect it again the ap gets on factory default?

This is the situation ?

correct me if im wrong

Cheers

Carlos

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
Contributor I

Im not so sure how it happen as well because the site that I implemented is outside of my coutry. So I only know the AP down when customer complain or our site technical support informed me. I suspect it happen when after electrical outage during AP boot up, or any event that could cause disconnection of the AP.

Regards

Michael

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: