Wireless Access

Super Contributor II

AP code from TFTP server

I am trying to get an image onto an AP105, however I cannot get it to talk to the TFTP server. I have set the "serverIP" address variable along with the others needed for connectivity, but the device cannot ping the server. Its a simple setup on a bench, so to speak, both devices connected to the same switch, ports 1 and 2, in the same IP subnet. The AP boot cycles and outputs the following - "TFTP from server 0.0.172.16; our IP address is 0.0.172.16". I have used the default range of 172.16.0.0/24 for the devices - anyone any idea of whats going on.

Re: AP code from TFTP server

Is there a firewall between the AP and the server ?

setenv master <IP address>
setenv serverip <IP address>
setenv bootcmd tftpboot
save
boot

upgrade os serverip:filename

Can you ping the AP from the server ?
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Super Contributor II

Re: AP code from TFTP server

Its just two endpoint devices plugged into two switchports - one is the server, one is the AP and the switch is the default gateway. The AP cannot ping either the default gateway or the server. I have not set the master address as there is no master present, hence the need for the TFTP server.

If I use the "upgrade os" command it spits out the same odd IP address - "TFTP from server 172.16.0.250; our IP address is 0.0.172.16; sending through gateway 0.0.172.16
"

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: