Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP namechange

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP namechange

MVP
    Posted Nov 21, 2011 06:35 AM

When we change the name of an AP through the Aruba cli this change doesn't seem to be propagated to Airwave.

The name in Airwave does not change untill we manually change it. Is there a way to automate changes like this?

• 2.  RE: AP namechange

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 21, 2011 06:58 AM

Select the access point you made the change to and click on "Import Settings"

• 3.  RE: AP namechange

Posted Nov 21, 2011 12:51 PM

We've got some things in the works to make this happen automatically if you want it to. 

• 4.  RE: AP namechange

Posted Nov 22, 2011 08:45 AM

Is this option available if the AP is in monitor mode in Airwave?

• 5.  RE: AP namechange

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 22, 2011 08:48 AM

@msales wrote:

Is this option available if the AP is in monitor mode in Airwave?

Yes, the Import Settings option has to be used because you are in monitor mode in Airwave. Otherwise, you could just change the name in Airwave, because then you would be managing your wireless from within Airwave.

• 6.  RE: AP namechange

Posted Apr 11, 2012 09:55 AM

I"m trying to do the opposite right now, and manage IAP's from Airwave, I am able to change the virtual controller name, but not change any of the actual AP's.   

I can change the name of the AP's just by logging into the VC and then they propogate to AWMS, but for some reason can't do it in the opposite direction.

Any ideas?

• 7.  RE: AP namechange
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 11, 2012 11:09 AM

AMP currently doesn't support per-AP configuration for Instant, but it is planned for an upcoming release, so stay tuned.

• 8.  RE: AP namechange

Posted Apr 11, 2012 01:07 PM

Sweet, good to hear, also is there a way to configure the DHCP pool via the VC? or are we stuck with the 192.168.11.x scope?

• 9.  RE: AP namechange

Posted Apr 16, 2012 11:57 AM

Are you sure that DHCP pool is coming from the VC and not something else on the network?