Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP's Showing Down Denied

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  AP's Showing Down Denied

Posted Mar 30, 2018 11:16 AM

Hello

Maybe someone can give me an idea of what to do on this issue. Our current setup is a controller based setup with 130 access points. This setup has been installed for over 3 years and has been working fine. Within the last few months we have started to get a couple of access points that would randomly go into a down denied state. i would go in and manually whitelist them back into the group and give them the right cert they would reboot and everything would come back up fine. Today I had 25 access points do this. I did the same thing and they are back up and working again. Does anyone know why they would do this and possibly how to make them stop doing this? Thanks for any help.

• 2.  RE: AP's Showing Down Denied

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 30, 2018 12:22 PM

Access points should not do that.  You can get a sense of what could be going on by typing "show log system all".  If access points go down and are whitelisted, they should just be able to come back up with no problem.  How are these access points powered and what model are they?

TAC contact: http://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/support-program/contact-support

• 3.  RE: AP's Showing Down Denied

Posted Mar 30, 2018 01:09 PM

They are Dell AP115s and they are POE off of Juniper switches.

• 4.  RE: AP's Showing Down Denied

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 30, 2018 01:18 PM

Okay.

Look through the logs (on the commandline type show log system all) and see if there is any reason for it.

• 5.  RE: AP's Showing Down Denied
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 02, 2018 04:13 AM

Just shot in the darks.. please find more info from your partner channel.

Resolved by upgrade to these version:

ArubaOS version

Target Release ETA

March 16, 2018

March 16, 2018

March 30, 2018

April 27, 2018

June, 30, 2018

AP WLIST Failure.JPG