Wireless Access

Contributor I

AP's Wont broadcast wifi

I have AP's on 2 3200 controllers that are showing identical behavior. They light up saying they are connected to the controller but they wont broadcast a signal. What I have noticed is that if I reduce the number of active AP's to equal the number of wireless intrusion licenses everything works great. Once a start up one more ap than I have intrusion licenses then that radio wont work. I currently have more AP licenses than I do Intrusion licenses on each controller. Will adding intrusion licenses fix this issue or am I missing something?

Aruba Employee

Re: AP's Wont broadcast wifi

That?s the way the Aruba licensing works. The AP count will be limited to the smallest of the AP, PEF (of PEF-NG) or WIP (or RFP) license installed.
Guru Elite

Licensing is calculated by the lowest applied license. So if you have 25 RFProtect and 50 AP licenses, only 25 AP's will be able to come up.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Aruba

[ Edited ]

you are limited to the lowest license total.   since you have more AP licenses; you are limited to the number of RFProtect licenses in your case.

run the following to see your allowances; look for the "Overall AP License Limit" field.

show ap license-usage

------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

Contributor I

That is what I figured. I have an open order to aruba for Intrusion licenses. I hope to have them soon. Thanks for the confirmation.

Guru Elite

If you have an Aruba licensing account, you can create a temp license to hold you over until you get your real licenses.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: