Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP's keeping rebooting on a Cisco 3560x

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP's keeping rebooting on a Cisco 3560x

Posted Sep 24, 2012 02:02 PM

We have upgraded a switch and started to move over the AP's (model 125). After about 2 minutes the switch log file shows the ports goes down then back up. I put it back to a Cisco 3560G and it is fine. Could this be because the 3560x is POE+?

• 2.  RE: AP's keeping rebooting on a Cisco 3560x

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 24, 2012 03:57 PM

Please make sure the AP125 is connected to port enet0.

What version of code?

• 3.  RE: AP's keeping rebooting on a Cisco 3560x

Posted Sep 26, 2012 07:03 AM

The code version we are running is 5.0.3.3.

Yes, they are plugged into enet0.

• 4.  RE: AP's keeping rebooting on a Cisco 3560x

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 26, 2012 09:08 AM

If you type "show log system 50" the access points will say why they rebooted.  you can also plug a console cable into the back of the AP to see the console output to see why.

• 5.  RE: AP's keeping rebooting on a Cisco 3560x

Posted Oct 02, 2012 10:46 AM

When I run , "show log system 50", it just tells me the Radio Stats and |fpapps| were either added or removed from a VLAN. I do not see anything telling about an AP down or rebooted.

I cannot get to the console port on the back beacuse they are on/above the ceiling.

• 6.  RE: AP's keeping rebooting on a Cisco 3560x

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 02, 2012 11:03 AM

@jcameron wrote:

When I run , "show log system 50", it just tells me the Radio Stats and |fpapps| were either added or removed from a VLAN. I do not see anything telling about an AP down or rebooted.

I cannot get to the console port on the back beacuse they are on/above the ceiling.

You have to do it while the AP is rebooting, because that log will roll over.  Try show log system all.  You might also want to open a support case in parallel.